Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A new 2 sided zip iPhone/iPod pouch!

I don't have an iPhone or an iPod, but I just had to try out this new FREE pattern for a pouch!  It is easy and I can not remember where I got it from.  I hope whomever designed it will forgive me,  I do NOT take any credit for this design.


This is a super simple pouch.  You will need 5 - 5x7 pieces of fabric.  Two for the outside, 2 for the lining and one for the pocket.  You will also need a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 square for the ring.  That's it!  You will need 2 - 5x7 pieces of fusible interfacing for the lining, 1 - 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece of fusible for the pocket and batting for the front pieces.  If you'd rather use fusible batting, knock yourself out!  If you don't want to quilt your pouch, by all means....don't!

First, fuse the interfacing to each piece of the 5x7 pieces.  Lay the 2 front pieces RST and the 2 lining pieces RST.  Round the upper right hand corner.  I used a 6" saucer.  3% curve is what you're looking for.


Fold your pocket with 5"side together and sew around 3 sides leaving an opening for turning.  Turn, press and attach to the right side of one of the lining pieces.  Line up your 9" zipper, wrong side to the right side of the lining with the pull 3/4" up from the lower right hand corner.  Pin and baste with a scant 1/4" seam.  Lay the front piece over the zipper with the right side down, pin and sew.  Turn with wrong sides together and top stitch close to the seam.


Repeat for the second side.  Open up and pin all of the raw edges together.  Front pieces RST, lining pieces RST.   Using a 1/2" seam allowance,  start at one end of the zipper and sew all the way around the bag, leaving a 3" opening for turning in the lining.  Trim the seam allowances.  Turn through opening.  Carefully push out all 4 corners.  Now, sew either by hand or machine to close the opening.  Ta-da!!  You now have a great pouch for your iPhone/iPod or sunglasses or whatever!  The pocket is great for earbuds or ID. 





This simple pouch could be made a lot bigger or smaller, depending on your specific need.  I hope that these instructions were helpful.  I know that I will be making more of these.

I'm soooo excited, I just found where I found this pattern!!  It is at Sew Can She!!  Make sure to check out all of the wonderful, fun patterns on this web site or on Craftsy!

Linking to: Let's Bee Social! at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Threading Your Way! at Threading My Way.

17 comments:

Anita said...

That's a cute one!

Gina said...

great tutorial. Will be keeping this one in my swap goodies folder. thank you xx

Amy at love made my home said...

Great idea and so much more secure than some with the zip closure. Everything that you make always looks so professional Vicki! xx

Lorna McMahon said...

What a cute pouch! Love the pocket and key ring fob. And that curved zipper closure is fab! Great job and beautiful pictures, Vicki!

Kim said...

Another great tutorial, Miss Vicki....you are becoming an old hand at this writing of tutes' business!! You have it down pat!!This is such a cute pouch. Love it!!

Elaine said...

Great idea! Thanks for the tutorial :)

Vicki in MN said...

Thanks for the tute on the pouch!

SIMPLESEW said...

Very Creative and love the
Colors. Stopping by from Lets BEE Social.

Jereena said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful project. Stopping via Lets Bee Social.

Dominique said...

Very Nice! I am here from Freshly Pieced.

CeLynn said...

I do have an iphone,and just decided that I Need one of these! Thanks for the tutorial. Love the fabrics you used too.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Love the blue / yellow combo. A great shaped pouch.

Vera said...

Well done! Look at the perfectly installed zipper!

Donna Baker said...

this came out awesome, great fabric choices and stitching

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I've featured your fab pouch today...
http://www.threadingmyway.com/2014/09/threading-your-way-features.html

Unknown said...

Thank you for this great tutorial, I found you trough Pam's blog. New follower here :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Vicky, I've featured your fab pouch again today, this time in a roundup of scrap busting projects...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...