Monday, June 9, 2014

Yes, this one IS mine....really!

I've been talking about "Sew Together" bags, and haven't made myself one yet.  Well, I have finally made one for me with fabric that I received from Cindy for my birthday!

First....look at some super happy mail that I received from www.zipit.etsy.com .  This is my first order ever with them and I am more then happy with these zippers!!  I think I smiled for 3 days after receiving these bright and happy zips!

 
Now I was ready to make my "Sew Together" bag for ME!

 
I used 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 in squares to make a fun patchwork outside to my bag.  I used 4 different colors of zippers.  It makes such a happy bag!  I also used a different fabric for each component of this bag.




I am still working on getting my binding nice and straight, but I am thrilled with this little pouch over all.


Here is a quick pic of the 2 zipper pouch and the sew together bag!  I think these make a cute pair.

Linking to: Anything Goes Monday with Marileze at Stitch by Stitch!

9 comments:

Paula said...

Love the bags. I havent tried one yet but I'm enjoying seeing everyone's version. They'll be "old news" before I get around to making one (kinda like me and fashion, always a decade behind!)

I have ordered from Zipit as well and I love my zippers. Also I got great, personalized customer service as well!

Pedal Sew Lightly said...

Love it. That bag is on my to-do list too. I just need a bit more practice with some easy bags first. Your zipper collection makes me smile.

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely!! I like all the different coloured zips and I am so glad that you made something for you! xx

Susan said...

So happy to see you have a Sew Together just for you! The patchwork on the outside is just perfect!

Kim said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous bag!! I am singing a zip-a-dee-doo-dah kinda colourful ditty at the sight of all those gleeful zippers, Miss Vicki!!

Belinda said...

Love your bag! I just recently purchased this pattern. I am excited to make one of these!

Lorna McMahon said...

They are a cute couple! Love all your new zippers, Vicki. Looking forward to all the fabulous bags you will be making with them!

Jackie said...

Oh wow!!! That is the coolest bag! My first time seeing one! Me and zippers and sewing are not the best of friends so doubt I will try this at home...haha!

Jeneta said...

They make a super cute pair. And your binding looks fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...