Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Friday Finish...I deserve a Whoop! Whoop!

I am so excited to introduce to you, my completed 1600 quilt!  I have entered this quilt into the Blogger's Quilt Festival 'photography' category!  There is a link at the end of this post!  Take a look at all the other great photographers out there!



I once again, had great fun practicing my quilting patterns on this full sized quilt.





This picture and....



....this picture were taken after washing...so much nicer.  I just love the crinkly look of a freshly washed quilt!



There is nothing like binding quilts by machine! It goes so much faster. My new Elna 720 with the built in, extra wide walking foot helps with this process!



This is the last of the three quilts that I made up at the High Sierra Retreat in September.  That is why I named this quilt "Huntington Retreat!".



I enjoyed piecing the back and am please with the way it turned out.  The gray fabric is a 'Pepper Cory' design for Telegraph Road Studio.



This is the 1600 quilt before I did the split and flip with sashing trick. I also wanted it bigger so.....



I added two borders!



I am a sucker for a stripped binding!  All of the top fabrics are pb&j from Moda.   After washing, the finish measurements are 62x72.

If you want to learn how to make a '1600 quilt', you can click on this YouTube video!  It is so much fun, and a great challenge for your next retreat or sewing day!  It took me 47min. 37sec!

Linking up to the Blogger's Quilt Festival!!

I am linking with Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts AND Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! at Confessions of A Fabric Addict!!!

There is a new "Sew Cute" in town!!  Sew Cute-Blossom Heart Quilts with Alyce over at Blossom Heart Quilts!  Thank you Alyce for picking up our Sew Cute Tuesday!!!

Linking to: Tuesday Archives at Val's Quilting Studio!!









AmysCreativeSide

26 comments:

Carla said...

Aren't you the clever one! Whoop woop!

Susan said...

Whoop, whoop! What an achievement! I love the colours in this one, very fresh and vibrant! And the backing is perfect too!

Kim said...

47 minutes and 37 seconds!!! You're a bit slow, Miss Vicki!!! She's a beauty....love the striped binding as well and the backing is just gawjus!! Yes indeedy, you deserve a whoop whoop AND another whoop whoop!!!

Lorna McMahon said...

Hurray! The 1600 came out of the wash looking marvelous! I am sew amazed at the before and after photos. Love the sashing and border fabrics you chose. Really sets the whole thing off! And the pieced backing is beautiful! Great job. I know this quilt will be well loved!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Fab quilt, love the technique and Pepper Cory, well I'm crazy about her Peppered Cottons right now!

Deborah said...

This is a beauty! I really like how you did the split and flip! It adds personality!

halfstitched said...

Looks great! I love the back!!!

audrey said...

This is really lovely! It turned out so well, and it looks super snuggly. :)

Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting said...

Great Job! I love these fabrics and the quilt. I always take before/after washing pics of my quilts because I love how different it looks! *Just so you are aware, your link on Crazy Mom Quilts is messed up and not linking back to your blog.

Beth said...

That is a wonderful quilt Vicki! I like the pics too.

CitricSugar said...

Whoop! Whoop!

Great job!

Seams Sew Together said...

47 mins??? thats amazing!! Awesome quilt!!

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Vicki: great work. I especially love the back... very modern.

sonia said...

Great quilt. Beautiful pics too!!!

Rene' said...

I really like your rendition of the 1600 quilt! Clever to split it and add borders. Well done Vicki!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Wow! I love the split and flip technique you did with the 1600 quilt. It makes it so much more fun that the regular 1600 way. I'll have to remember that the next time I make one. Oh and I like your blog background print. ;-)

Carla said...

Well, isn't that the most clever thing!!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely combination of colours and fabric! Great job!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Great quilt and photos! I love to bind by machine, too. So much quicker than by hand and looks just as nice.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I would never have thought to break up the 1600 quilt like this and I think it's brilliant! Pretty quilt.

Jo said...

Great design on the back
Well done

Nancy said...

I like that little splash of color on the back with the strips.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

See that piecing totally popped on the back...nice little surprise!! LOVE IT!!!!

Marly said...

I love the way you lifted the design by splitting and flipping and then adding such a bright sashing. It really adds movement to the whole thing.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Thanks for rejuvinating this post under our jelly roll theme at Tuesday Archives Vicki!! I didn't realize it was so fast to make...sometimes it's good to have a quick pattern to "go to". Love the PB&J fabric too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...