Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I love a good hug!

Yes, my 'A Hug From Deborah' is complete!  I am so pleased with how it turned out.
This quilt was so much fun to make.  The printed fabrics are all Moda's 2WENTY-THR3E.  The solid is Kona cotton in bone.  I used Aurafil 50wt in off white for the quilting.  The finished size is 59x73.


I did organic echo quilting in the chevrons.  A lazy 8 pattern in the 1 in. border and I circled all of the dots in the outside border.  A lot of work, but so much fun.  I have never done this much quilting on a single quilt before.  It took a total of 15.75 hours!  No wonder I am a little achy.
 The orange on the back is from Hancock.  I don't know the name of it.
I sewed the binding on by machine.  I think that this is one of my favorite things I learned to do this summer!  It is FAST!!
I used every single scrap of fabric for this back.  I have one piece of the gray dot fabric left!  It is 5.5x20in.  That is called NO waste!!
My wonderful friend Deborah (at Simply Miss Luella) gave me these charm packs.  I love her and appreciate her great generosity!  Thank you again, Deborah!  You are such an inspiration to me.

I have washed her and dried her and she is ready to cuddle up with!  I just love how she puckered up and is so very, very soft.

Link on over to Can I get a Whoop Whoop! hosted by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict,  Finish it up Friday hosted by Amandajean at Crazy Mom Quilts!  These are both great sites for pure inspiration!  Enjoy your journey into quilting wonder...

linking to: Tuesday's Archives! at Val's Quilting Studio!

29 comments:

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

Such A gorgeous quilt Vicki! I love the photos too! I really love in progress photo and you did really good taking photos of each quilting process you went through! LOVE..

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous quilt Vicki. So happy and fresh. Stopping by from Whoop Whoop. Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Sooooo fantasticabulous, Miss Vicki!! 'Tis a merry and happy quilt! It will give you many a warm hug!!

Trepmom said...

Wow, Vicki! You sure know how to put those quilts together! It turned out great. I love the gray dots on the final border and the polka dotted binding and the quilting... It's just all so pretty!

Lorna McMahon said...

That is the funnest and most happy quilt, Vicki! I am sew impressed, as always! Love the quilting.... Especially around all the dots. All that time was certainly worth it. And your label - sweet! Great way to honour the hugs sent from a friend! Tweet!

Deborah said...

This quilt is truly amazing!!! Your machine quilting is fabulous and makes me want to learn more!! I feel very honored to be a small part of your quilt.

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

This turned out so great. The design looks great and the quilting really suits. Love the border print. Fab job Vickie!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

This turned out so great. The design looks great and the quilting really suits. Love the border print. Fab job Vickie!

Carla said...

Isn't that wonderful! What a great quilt and I think I NEED some of that fabric ; )

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is such a beautiful quilt. Hugs are the best, aren't they? And what a fabulous job you did on the machine quilting!!

Anonymous said...

Drooling over here! :-) Wow this is such a beauty! The fabrics, the pattern, the FMQ... it all comes together wonderfully into this piece of art!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

I love it! I love the border with the chevrons. Great job!

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

This is beautiful! Fantastic job on the quilting!

crazyquilter said...

I love the modern chevron quilts and your treatment of this pattern is truly lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Ruth said...

Love your label, love your quilting, love the colours. Beautiful finish.

terriquilts said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Congrats on a great finish!

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, Vicki, that is wonderful!! And such lovely quilting - I know you must be sore from all that work but it is great! Whoop whoop!!

OPQuilt said...

You amaze me with all that you get done. This is a beautiful quilt and I love love that fabric. Brilliant!

It's also fun to see how you quilted things, so thanks for showing that part too. And after 15 hours of quilting, I'd be achy, too!

Rest up for your next adventure!

Elizabeth

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is such a gorgeous fun quilt! Deborah has fab taste in fabrics and your quilting suits it perfectly :)

Michelle@factotum-of-arts.com said...

Great finish, love the little extra detailing with the border

Unknown said...

What a beautiful, beautiful quilt with lovely colors!

CitricSugar said...

Oh, Vicki! You did a beautiful job - and well done with using every tiny bit! That's a conscientious quilter. :-)

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Your quilt turned out just wonderful Vicki and I'm wowing at your fmq - it swirls and circles so easily I think your shoulders must be much more relaxed than mine!!! It's simply gorgeous :)

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

I LOVE this quilt! Such great fabric! Your quilting is amazing...circling all the circles?! Really?! Gorgeous!

Quilting Stories said...

Your chevron quilt is wonderful, and so nicely quilted!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I too love so much about this quilt: A charm pack to make a chevron...duh! Why didn't I think about that! LOL!! Love your echo quilting, and dot quilting....so cute. Certainly a quilty hug for sure!!

Paula said...

Don't know how I missed this one the first time around. Glad you rejuvenated it at Val's Archives! Lovely!!

Vera said...

It turned out lovely! Sew pretty!

Rachel said...

Great job on making the most of your fabric! One little square left is impressive. Like your quilted dots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...